Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fish Stories



July 23 


It is evening and  we had an early dinner.  Fish are jumping everywhere.  I ask Mike about going fishing and he agrees, we should gie it a try.  Mike has a "technical gadget" for most things and for fishing he has the "fish finder" ...unfortunately - Julie unplugged it before it was charged.  I told him I didn't need it - we were going to catch a fish.  After about 10 minutes I felt a nibble on my pole.  I pulled on the rod and started reeling.  The fish was giving me a good fight, jumping all over the place,  but I kept the tip up and kept going.  I finally got the fish to the dingy and we realized - we forgot the net.  Oh well, Mike will just grab it with his hands and he does, so we have a fish flipping all over the boat and we notice the fish isn't on the hook - it is tangled in the line and I still have another fish on the line.  I keep reeling and Mike was pulling the line and in comes fish number two!  Mike grabs the second Silver and we pull in 25 pounds worth of fish from one line and one hook - what a fish story to tell.  Of course, we have the pictures to prove it!




July 24-26 Craig Alaska

  We find moorage at the North Harbor in Craig.  We have lots of laundry to do and also some shopping.  We stumble onto a lovely B&B and stay for 2 nights.  Right now I am typing on the the bed looking out over the Bay, watching Eagles carrying fish, the sun setting in the pink sky with the crescent moon above and whales blowing their spouts in the distance.  Tomorrow we head down the coastline and get ready to cross Dixon Entrance.  We will update you when we can.  


Thanks for following our adventure with us.  We wish we could share more with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment